Water and Power Community Credit Union (WPCCU) is pleased to announce the availability of “WPCCU Scholarship”. The scholarship is open for those who are currently enrolled as high school senior district and accepted at an accredited college or university for the fall 2018 semester/term. The scholarship is designed to help offset the cost of your college education.
Water and Power Community Credit Union was formed in 1936 by 10 employees of the Department of Water and Power (DWP). In 2001, WPCCU became a community credit union allowing us to serve people who work or reside in many of Los Angeles Department of Water and Power’s service areas.
- Award Amount: $2,000
- Deadline: April 30, 2018 at 5:00pm
- Winner Announcement: Not Known
To receive the scholarship, a beneficiary must:
- Be a citizen, legal, permanent resident or national of the United States
- Currently enrolled as high school senior within the Los Angeles Unified School District
- Accepted at an accredited college or university for the Fall 2018 semester/term
- Possess a minimum high school cumulative 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale
Instructions for Applying:
After complete your application you should either email to scholarship-at-wpcu.org or faxed to 213-580-1748.
- LAUSD transcript of the current school year with cumulative GPA
- An original essay on the topic below. Essays must be a minimum of 1,000 typed words double-spaced, 12-pt font.
- Explain in your own words how a community has been instrumental in your own life, and how you want to contribute for generations to come.
The candidate who will win the scholarship program will receive a one-time scholarship award in the amount of $2,000.
Detailed Information Link: