International Center for Journalists (ICFJ) pleased to offer eligible students a wonderful opportunity to apply for the ICFJ TruthBuzz Fellowship. The fellowship is only open to English-speaking media professionals already working in one of the target countries: Brazil, India, Indonesia, Nigeria and the United States. The fellowship is designed to find new ways to help verified facts reach the widest possible audience. Over the course of the Fellowship, there may be opportunities for Fellows to travel to conferences to share their work with wider professional audiences.
International Center for Journalists is a non-profit, professional organization located in Washington, D.C., United States, that promotes journalism worldwide.
- Award Amount: Monthly honorarium as well as a professional allowance
- Deadline: April 29, 2018
- Winner Announcement: Not Known
The eligibility criteria are as follows:
- Experience working in newsrooms
- Experience with multimedia and alternative forms of storytelling
- Sharp audience-engagement and communications skills
- Entrepreneurial mindset and demonstrated background in getting projects off the ground
- Experience collaborating with different teams across newsrooms including designers and programmers.
- Experience incorporating the use of social media in news media
- Strong leadership skills
- Ability to communicate program results as a speaker, writer
- Strong project- and time-management skills
- Success at replicating, adapting and creating technologies to answer local needs
- Lives and works in one of the target countries
- Training or coaching experience
- Professional proficiency (speaking, reading, and writing) in English
- Fluency (speaking, reading, and writing) in the local language of the target country/region
- Experience measuring results, such as the impact of content, adoption of technology and audience engagement
- Experience in fact-checking and tackling misinformation
Instructions for Applying:
To apply you must follow the given link: https://www.tfaforms.com/4666168
All Fellows will receive a monthly honorarium as well as a professional allowance to supplement their work with partner newsrooms.
Detailed Information Link: