The Board of Directors of Team Up for T1D Kids, a 501 (c) 3 organization is gladly announcing their scholarship program. To apply an applicant must be a graduating senior from a public or private high school, homeschooled student, or currently enrolled in college, technical school or trade school. The scholarship is intended to help a deserving student to accomplish educational goals and prepare for future career aspirations.
The Team Up for T1D Kids was created in 2016, as a 501(c)3 private non-profit organization, with the goal of having a positive impact on kids living with type 1 diabetes (T1D) here in Tri-Cities, WA.
- Award Amount: $3,000
- Deadline: May 20, 2018
- Winner Announcement: No later than June 15, 2018
The list eligibility criteria are given below:
- Physician validated the diagnosis of Type 1 Diabetes
- Be a graduating senior from a public or private high school, homeschooled student, or currently enrolled in college, technical school or trade school
- Applicant must demonstrate good academic standing
- Must be a resident of the State of Washington, with preference given to students living in the greater Tri-Cities area
Instructions for Applying:
Application form can be downloaded by the given link: http://www.teamupfort1d.org/assets/team-up-for-t1d-kids-scholarship-2018.docx
All application material must be submitted via email to scholarship-at-teamupfort1d.org
Submit the following information as part of their package:
- A letter from your physician stating that you have been diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes.
- Two letters of recommendation from someone other than a family member who can present information supporting your selection as a scholarship recipient.
- A current copy of your transcript. If you are in college, include high school transcript as well.
- A completed application and answers to Personal Essay questions. No word minimum or maximum per topic.
The foundation will select two applicants and they will receive $1,500 each.
Detailed Information Link:
Students can find additional scholarship information at 509.438.6571 or April-at-teamupfort1d.org