Ninety-Nines International Organization is pleased to offer a fellowship program to a local woman pilot. You are eligible to apply if you planning a career in any area of aviation, with flight training or education in mind. The purpose of this scholarship is to provide funds to be used for a specific rating or certificate in flight training and/or continuing education to further the recipient’s pursuit of a career in aviation.
The Santa Rosa Chapter sponsors FAA safety programs and aviation education with Expanding Your Horizons.
- Award Amount: $3000
- Deadline: May 1, 2018
- Winner Announcement: June 15th
Scholarship applicants must meet the following criteria
- Any woman pilot holding at least a current private license, a current medical, and a current flight review is eligible.
- Applicant should be planning a career in any area of aviation, with flight training or education in mind.
- Applicant must reside within 150 miles of the Charles M. Schulz Sonoma County Airport in Santa Rosa, CA.
- Applicant must be eligible for the rating being applied for (i.e.: number of flight hours required, ratings required, medical required), and have completed written requirements for the rating before scholarship funds are dispersed.
- The applicant must be at least 17 years old.
- The applicant may be a member of the Ninety-Nines and may be a member of the Santa Rosa Chapter, but it is not required.
- Previous Santa Rosa Ninety-Nine aviation scholarship recipients are not eligible.
Instructions for Applying:
The application form can be downloaded by the given link: http://www.santarosa99s.org/wp-content/uploads/2018-Scholarship-form.pdf?x33861
You must mail the original and three copies of all parts of the application to The Santa Rosa Ninety-Nines, Inc. c/o Judy Knaute 533 Woodridge Road Geyserville, CA 95441
- Personal Essay: Applicants must write an essay of 500 words or less. These guidelines will assist you in writing your essay:
- Personal background information. What are your personal interests and goals? What are your personal, career, and aviation accomplishments? Include any special qualifications you may have. What future employment do you plan to pursue?
- How do you visualize yourself in the career you are pursuing?
- Aviation career goals. What are your plans in aviation?
- How will this scholarship help you achieve your goals?
- Anticipated in, emphasizing those that have meant the most to you.
- How would you contribute to the growth and betterment of the local aviation community?
- Budget Statement: On a separate sheet, please estimate your expenses for your planned rating or certification being applied for (tuition, books, flight instruction, simulator time, etc.)
- Letters of Recommendation: These letters should be from a person knowledgeable of your interests and accomplishments in aviation (flight instructor, teacher, mentor, etc.).
- The amount of the scholarship is $3000 and must be used within one year of the date the scholarship is issued.
Detailed Information Link: