Job/Position Title: Assistant
Salary Range: Unpaid Internship
Application Deadline: June 1, 2018
The NASA History Program Office is pleased to offer NASA History Program Office Student Internships. Student interns assist the History Program by managing their social media accounts; writing features for their website; review the historical manuscripts that they make. Experience with social media, web publication and editing are highly desirable to the internship. The internships are unpaid but the experience gained from performing meaningful work at NASA Headquarters is invaluable.
The National Aeronautics and Space Administration is an independent agency of the executive branch of the United States federal government responsible for the civilian space program, as well as aeronautics and aerospace research.
To qualify, you must be a:
- You must be a U.S. citizen
- You must be currently enrolled and in good standing in an accredited college or university
- You must possess strong research and writing skills
- A background in history or related academic fields is preferable. A background in science and engineering is also desirable.
- Experience with social media, web publication and editing are highly desirable
How to Apply:
All application material must be emailed to Dr. Bill Barry at bill.barry-at-nasa.gov
To apply, you must submit the following:
- Your resume
- A writing sample (a recent research paper, for example)
- Names and contact information for 2 references (at least one of them must be on the faculty or staff of your current college)
- A cover letter that explains why you are interested when you will be available for work, and how/when we can best reach you for a phone interview.
The internships are unpaid.