Job Opportunity at Land O’ lakes, Inc- Finance, Accounting and Reporting Manager
Job title; Finance, Accounting and Reporting Manager (1 Post)
Employer; Land O’ lakes, Inc
Location; Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
Job type; Full-Time
Land O’Lakes International Development is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit helping communities around the world build economies by strengthening agriculture from farm-to-folk, helping businesses grow, and linking farmers to markets. Since our start in 1981, we have been leveraging nearly 100 years of expertise in dairy, animal nutrition, crop inputs and agricultural insights from our close affiliate, Land O’Lakes, Inc., a farmer-owned agribusiness committed to fulfilling its purpose of feeding human progress.
Our team is made up of nearly 350 employees who are committed to market-led approaches, and passionate about collaborating locally to create lasting inclusive economic growth. By unlocking the potential of agriculture for the last 36 years, the lives of more than 3 million people have been transformed through nearly 300 programs in more than 80 countries.
The PAID project is designed to address constraints in artificial insemination service delivery among public and private AI Technicians in Ethiopia and Tanzania. The projects approach is through three inter-related components: 1) Improving the capacity of public and private AI Technicians, 2) Increasing demand for AI among targeted farmers and 3) Upgrading facilities and practices within the countries respective National Artificial Insemination Centers (NAICs) to ensure consistent supply of quality semen straws and LN2.
Position Summary and Primary Responsibilities:
The Finance, Accounting Manager is an experienced professional with eight or more years’ experience managing day-to-day financial, grant and administrative aspects of a multifaceted development program. He or she will have the proven ability to manage teams both in-person and remotely and deliver quality results on time.
- Oversee a finance, grants and administrative team of up to 6 people across two countries to ensure:
- Accurate monthly and quarterly forecasting
- Payments follow established procedures, controls and record retention rules
- Spending activities are in line with donor and home office rules and regulations
- Staff benefits, pension funds, payroll and withholding activities are routinely done with high degree of professionalism
- Cash advances are reconciled in timely fashion
- Bank accounts are reconciled in timely fashion
- Contractual agreements and related documentation always updated on Land O’Lakes award system
- Directly responsible for coordinating and contributing to various donor, HQ and partner reporting requirements;
- Build the financial management capacity of team through one-on-one coaching and mentoring, reviewing financial reports, projections and statements with budget owners;
- Maintain in-country compliance as relates government reporting, statutory requirements and audits;
- Responsible for the oversight and growth of direct reports through annual goal setting and performance review;
- Synchronizing with team to ensure financial forecast and pipeline is in line with sub-award, consultant and professional service contract spending;
- Manages program HR records and files on Land O’Lakes SharePoint site;
- Schedules/Leads weekly (subject to adjustment) Finance and Operations meeting with staff and HQ and keeps up to date the Operations Tracker.
Reporting & Supervision:
Position reports to PAID Program Director
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Advanced degree in finance, accounting, or related field of study
- Eight years or more relevant experience
- Fluency in English and excellent writing skills required.
- Prior experience in administering staff benefits, pension funds, payroll, etc.
- Ability to coordinate, collaborate, and negotiate with clients, host government officials, NGOs, sub-grantees in implementing project activities.
- Strong computer skills
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written in English.
- Previous experience in a similar post is desirable.
- Ability to secure visa and travel to Ethiopia (on occasion) to support office functions
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Previous experience in similar post desirable
- Language proficiency in Swahili
- Chartered Accountant certification (or equivalent)
- Experience with CostPoint, SharePoint and/or award management systems