Job Opportunity at Air Tanzania Company Limited (ATCL)- Estate Officer
Job title; Estate Officer (1 Post)
Employer; Air Tanzania Company Limited (ATCL)
Location; Moshi-Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
Job type; 3 years contract (renewable)
Deadline; 15th February 2018.
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT ESTATE OFFICER – RE-ADVERTISED
Air Tanzania Company Limited (ATCL) is in the process of revamping its operations and has introduced new equipment to its fleet. This revamping includes also improvement or working environment, facilities and infrastructure. The Company is therefore inviting application from qualified personnel to fill the following position
The Estate Officer is responsible for ensuring that the ATCL buildings and related facilities are operated in a safe and efficient manner and managed in-line with appropriate guidance, warranties, and best practices; that they are maintained to the highest possible standards; that construction projects and service provider’s assignments are properly supervised and effectively delivered. The ideal candidate should be prepared to respond to emergency work outside normal working hours as and when the need is required in relation to the repair and service of site wide physical assets. He should also be prepared to supervise work that may need to be carried outside of normal working hours and days. Flexibility is therefore an essential requirement of the position.
- He/she should possess BSc in Property and Facilities Management; BSc in Engineering (Civil), BSc Land Management and Valuation or equivalent qualification with at least three years’ experience in relevant position
- He must be registered by Engineers Registration Board as a Professional Engineer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Specifically, the Estates Officer shall be responsible for the following:
- To plan and manage facility central services such as reception, security, cleaning, catering, waste disposal and parking
- To ensure a fast and effective response to breakdowns in accordance with key performance indicators (KPI’s) are achieved.
- To be responsible for ensuring Planned Preventative Maintenance Systems are implemented and carried out in a timely manner.
- To provide technical advice and liaise with Departmental Heads, users and clients at all levels. To liaise with Statutory Regulators, Consultants, Fire Brigade, Contractors and Company representatives external to the Organization.
- To establish and maintain quality systems to ensure work is carried out efficiently and effectively to current standards and codes of practice.
- To comply with Statutory Health and Safety Regulations and other relevant requirements for a safe working environment, and to carry out Health and Safety Risk Assessments as and when required. Responsible for policy and procedure implementation within service area and undertake technical surveys.
- Inspect buildings’ structures to determine the need for repairs or renovations.
- Review utilities consumption and strive to minimize costs
- Generate and present regular reports and reviews of facility-related budgets, finances, contracts, expenditures and purchases
HOW TO APPLY:
- Interested applicants must submit the application letter attached with the following for consideration: i) A curriculum vitae (CV);
- Certified copies of certificates, birth certificate and other relevant certificates;
- Two recent passport size photographs;
- Names and addresses of at least two reputable referees;
- Applicant’s reliable contact address, email address and telephone numbers.
- Applicants with academic certificates from foreign universities must submit proof of accreditation of issuing institutions
All applications must addressed to;
Managing Director & Chief Executive Officer
Air Tanzania Company Limited,
P.O. Box 543,
DAR ES SALAAM.
Source: Daily News February 08, 2018