The International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials (IAPMO), IAPMO is thrilled to announce “IWSH Essay Scholarship Contest”. The contest is designed to current high school senior; or enrolled or accepted as a full-time (12 credit hours) student in an accredited technical school, community college, trade school, four-year accredited college or university. The purpose of the program is “to acquaint the uninitiated with the crucial importance the plumbing industry plays in our everyday lives” and also introduces students to the global impact of IWSH projects.
The International Association of Plumbing and Mechanical Officials, or IAPMO, coordinates the development and adaptation of plumbing, mechanical, swimming pool and solar energy codes to meet the specific needs of individual jurisdictions both in the United States and abroad.
- Award Amount: $2,250 and one-year IAPMO student membership
- Deadline: April 30, 2018
- Winner Announcement: August 31, 2018
Must be a current high school senior; or enrolled or accepted as a full-time (12 credit hours) student in an accredited technical school, community college, trade school, four-year accredited college or university, or an apprentice program.
Instructions for Applying:
Interested applicants can submit their entries in the following ways:
- Via email Essay-at-iwsh.org
- Via fax to 909-472-4241
- USPS to: International Water, Sanitation and Hygiene Foundation, Attn: Leticia Gallegos, Essay Contest, 4755 E. Philadelphia Street, Ontario, CA 91761
You must submit the following along with your application:
- In order to apply all applicants must write an essay no fewer than 800 words and no more than 1,600 words. The essay topic is: In November 2017, IWSH completed the Community Plumbing Challenge 2017 in Bekasi, West Java, Indonesia. If you had to choose one location within the United States to conduct the next Community Plumbing Challenge (providing safe access to clean water and proper sanitation), which location would you choose and why?
- Students must provide a copy of their current full-time schedule, school transcripts, or acceptance letter with their submission.
- Each submission must include a cover page containing the student’s name, address, phone number, and email.
- Entries must be typed, double-spaced, in 12-point Times New Roman or an equivalent font with a one-inch margin on all sides of the page.
- Essays MUST be submitted in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format. Essays submitted in any other format will not be considered.
- First Place – one winner will receive $1,000 and publication of an essay in Official and at IWSH website, one-year IAPMO student membership.
- Second Place – one winner will receive $750
- Third Place – one winner will receive $500
Detailed Information Link: