Hope and a Future Project is accepting applications for their Scholars Program that helps and empowers you to achieve your goal. The program is open to single teen parents attending a Delaware college now or who will attend college in the fall of 2018. The Hope and a Future Project provide a pathway to prosperity for single parents, who might otherwise live in poverty.
Hope and a Future Project is a 501 (c) 3 Tax Exempt non-profit organization. They Empowering Teen Moms & Dads to Graduate College, Lead Successful Families and Build Strong Communities.
- Award Amount: A need-based Tuition
- Deadline: April 30, 2018
- Winner Announcement: On or before May 6, 2018
To be eligible, the student must possess:
- Applicant must be a teen mother or father (defined as having a child at age 19 or younger) and under the age of 26. Applicant should be 25 or under at application submission
- Applicant must be raising or actively involved in child’s life (defined by regular support and care of your child)
- Applicant must be attending – or planning to attend – a two or four-year college starting the Fall of 2018 in Delaware and seeking an undergraduate degree
- Applicant should have a C average or above
- Applicant must be a US citizen or Legal Resident of the US
- Once accepted, scholars must take a minimum of 6 credits each semester
Instructions for Applying:
Interested to apply you must go through the given link and download the application form: http://hopeandafutureproject.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/01/Scholar_Application-2018.pdf
The complete application material must be emailed to dmmoffett-athopeandafutureproject.org.
The Scholarship application is comprised of:
- Submit two letters of recommendation
- Submit an official and recent school transcript, including cumulative grade point average, or GED certificate.
- Submit a copy of Student Aid Report (SAR) or proof of FAFSA submission
- Submit essay question
- Meet with a Hope and a Future Project representative for an interview
- Complete mandatory scholar training
- A strong support network that includes a one-on-one Mentor providing emotional support and guidance for every scholar to achieve their dream of graduating college.
- Bi-monthly Life skills classes through workshops and training events.
- A need-based Tuition Scholarship
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any questions, you can call (302-559-3811) or email dmmoffett-at-hopeandafutureproject.org