The Fisher Cats Foundation is dedicated to bettering the lives of young people and support the youth through their Fisher Cats Foundation Scholar-Athlete Scholarships. The scholarshipis open to New Hampshire or Massachusetts residents who are graduating from high school in 2018 and plane to enroll in a degree program at a 4-year or 2-year college or university in the fall. New Hampshire Scholars is a community-based program that encourages students to take a more rigorous Core Course of Study in high school.
The New Hampshire Fisher Cats established the Fisher Cats Foundation to be a catalyst for the betterment of communities throughout the region by supporting youth programs that encourage education and promote healthy living.
- Award Amount: $30,000
- Deadline: May 4, 2018, at 5 p.m. ET
- Winner Announcement: Not Known
All recipients must meet the following criteria:
- Candidates for the Fisher Cats Scholarship must be residents of New Hampshire or Massachusetts who are graduating from high school in 2018.
- Candidates must be planning to enroll in a degree program at a 4-year or 2-year college or university in the fall.
- The New Hampshire College & University Council will review applications based on the following criteria:
- Academic performance
- Athletic achievement
- In addition to the Swymer Family Scholarship, an award offered annually to a student who has overcome a barrier and gone on to college, one of the awards will be named in honor of Chris Carpenter of the 2011 World Series Champion St. Louis Cardinals.
- Furthermore, one of the awards, the Easter Seals Veterans Count Scholarship, will be awarded to a graduating New Hampshire high school senior whose parent or guardian is an active, reserve or veteran member of the United States Military.
Instructions for Applying:
Interested applicants can apply through the given link: http://www.nhscholars.org/scholarship-application/scholarship-application-user-registration/
Applications without the following documents will not be considered:
- An essay (250-500 word) describing your education and career goals.
- An electronic copy of the Confirmation Page of your FAFSA report (to upload). If you did not submit a FAFSA, simply upload a word doc indicating you did not file the FAFSA.
- An Academic Statement of Support. This must be submitted by the person writing this statement. Please forward them this link to their submission: http://www.nhscholars.org/fisher-cats-foundation-scholarship-statements-of-support/
- An Athletic Statement of Support. This must be submitted by the person writing this statement. Please forward them this link to their submission:http://www.nhscholars.org/fisher-cats-foundation-scholarship-athletic-statement-of-support/
- Ten (10) scholarships, each in the amount of $2,500, will be awarded to New Hampshire students.
- Two (2) scholarships, each in the amount of $2,500, will be awarded to Massachusetts students.
- Students who are chosen to receive a Fisher Cats Foundation Student-Athlete Scholarship will be invited to a special event at the ballpark, at which their achievements will be publicly recognized.
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any query, you can contact the New Hampshire College & University Council at (603) 225-4199.