Job/Position Title: Research Associate
Salary Range: Unpaid Internship
Application Deadline: Rolling Basis
The Council on Hemispheric Affairs is offering internships in Washington, D.C. in the fields of U.S., Latin American, and Canadian relations. They are inviting to apply highly qualified undergraduate and graduate students as well as those who have already earned degrees. Interns are expected to work from nine to five daily, although the office is open long after 5 p.m. and on weekends as well.
To be eligible for this internship, you must have:
- Intern candidates should have some knowledge and/or interest in U.S.-Latin American affairs or international relations and should display impressive research and writing skills.
- Proficiency in Spanish or Portuguese is desired, though experience in journalism, English, or one of the social sciences may be substituted for the normal background requirements.
- Ideal internship candidates should be highly motivated and will be expected to show initiative and a capacity for innovation.
How to Apply:
If you are interested to apply for the internship you can download the application form by the given link:
Application material must be addressed to the Intern Coordinator and sent via:
Council on Hemispheric Affairs
2501 Calvert St., N.W., Suite 401
Washington, D.C. 20008
Or Fax: (202) 248-0745
To apply, please send the following:
- Completed application
- Cover letter
- Brief writing sample (two pages)
- The contact information of 2 references OR two letters of recommendation
The internship program is unpaid