The Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Inc. is accepting applications for CBC Spouses Education Scholarship. Students of all majors who are preparing to pursue or are currently pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree full-time at the U.S. accredited college or university an apply. The scholarship aims to help students reach their goals of obtaining a higher education.
The Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, Inc., is a nonprofit nonpartisan public policy, research and educational institute that seeks to advance the global black community.
- Award Amount: $500 – $8,200
- Deadline: May 18, 2018
- Winner Announcement: Not Known
Learn more about this Scholarship Program.
- Be a U.S. citizen or permanent U.S. resident
- Currently/planning to be enrolled in the upcoming academic year as a full-time undergraduate or graduate student
- Have a minimum 2.5 GPA on a 4.0 scale
- Exhibit leadership ability and participate in community service activities
- Selected applicants will be qualified African-American or black students
Instructions for Applying:
Applicants must Sign-up for a login to access the application through the given link: https://cbcfinc.academicworks.com/users/sign_up
You will be required to submit the following:
- Resume (3 pages maximum) detailing your academics, extracurricular activities, honors, employment, community service, and special skills.
- The recent photograph suitable for publication (i.e., a cap and gown picture, or other professional quality and professionally dressed photograph).
- TWO (2) electronically submitted letters of recommendation. We suggest one come from a community or public service leader (i.e. church leader, community leader, volunteer organization).
- Official transcript (all pages, in color, and legible) scanned and uploaded as ONE (1) PDF file to the Supplemental Questions (which you will access only after you submit your General Application). We are no longer accepting applications via postal mail.
- The electronic copy of detailed Federal Student Aid Report (SAR); this report comes from the US Department of Education and is typically 5 pages in length. This should be uploaded to the online application as a PDF document.
- Personal statement (500-1,000 words). Students should use the same personal statement when applying for multiple scholarships.
Award range of the fellowship varies from $500 – $8,200.
Detailed Information Link:
If you have any problem or have queries, kindly use the following contacts: Phone: 202.263.2800 | Email: scholarships-at-cbcfinc.org